Umbilical Cord Clamps 10pk
Having these puppy size umbilical cord clips in your whelping kit will give you piece of mind for those times when the blood just won't stop and you need to make sure there is continued pressure.
Most mums have a natural instinct to remove the cords, and in an ideal situation they would make a perfect job of them. However things don't always go to plan and some just keep tugging at the cord which can cause umbilical hernias in puppies. Use of a umbilical cord clip helps reduce the risk of introducing bacteria and infection through the the navel cord.
- Size: 4cm for newborn puppies and kittens
- Qty: 10 per pack
- Qty discount available
- Safe, easy and convenient to use
- Can be reopened and closed
- Non-slip design, hinge guard with dual serrated gripping jaw
- Maintains tight seal applying constant pressure as the cord shrinks
- Made of: Polymer plastic
As with most medical equipment of this type they are "recommended for single use"
The Importance of New-born Puppy Umbilical Cord Care
- Basic care helps prevent infection. Keeping the umbilical cord stump and surrounding skin clean and dry also helps the umbilical cord stump to fall off and the navel to heal more quickly.
- If you Cut the Umbilical Cord make sure to use sterilized scissors, cut about an inch from the pup's belly, and tie the cord off with the thread or dental floss 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the puppy's body. When cutting, it's better to crush the cord rather than make a clean cut; this will reduce bleeding
- The stump of the umbilical cord dries up and falls off in a few days