Plain Satin Show Snood - Lots of Colours
A satin show snood is handy when grooming it will keep your dogs ears up and out of the way so you can easily work on the neck and shoulders. Snoods also protect the coat and ears, keeping everything clean and preventing ears form trailing on the ground or from falling into feeding and water bowls. Ideal aid to keep a show dogs coat in top condition and keeping ears dry and free from saliva especially in large breeds!
Made from satin fabric this dog snood has a reinforced elastic finish at the head and neck, the neck is generally 3-5 cm's wider than the head. The elastic is sewn in similar to a waist band and is unseen, the advantage is that the elastic will not twist or break. This is a permanent method and sNoodZ are not adjustable, check the size guide under 'specifications' before ordering.
Snoods are an essential part of your show dog kit, and the easiest way to keep your show dog's ear clean and tidy, great for dogs who are on a raw food diet, stop ear chewing and reduce grooming time on show day. Perfect ear protectors for long ear dog breeds, such as Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Cocker Spaniels, Springers & Setters etc
5 Sizes Based On Head Circumference taken just infront of the ears (these are approx)
- Xtra Small: Head Elastic approx 20cm un-stretched elastic e.g toy breeds, Maltese, Toy Poodles
- Small: Head Elastic approx 25cm un-stretched elastic e.g. Cavaliers, Mimi Poodle
- Medium: Head Elastic approx 30cm un-stretched elastic e.g Cocker Spaniels, Beagles
- Large: Head Elastic approx 35cm un-stretched elastic e.g. Afghan Hound, Irish Setters, Welsh & Springer Spaniels, Saluki*
- Xtra Large: Head Elastic approx 40cm un-stretched elastic e.g. Bassets Hound, English Setter, Gordon Setters, Goldies, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Saluki*
NB This is a hand made item and as such may have some imperfections. Actual product photos are taken and colour may be slightly different due to individual computer settings
|Size||Measurement||Dog Breed (please measure your dog)|
|Xtra Small||20cm (8”)||Toy breeds, Maltese, Miniature Dachshund, Lhasa Apso, Toy
Poodle, Yorkshire Terrier|
|Small||25cm (10”)||Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Mini Poodles, Miniature Schnauzer, Pekingese, Shih Tzu|
|Medium||30cm (12”)||American Cocker, Beagle, Bichon Frise, English Cocker Spaniel, Gordon Setter (puppy)*|
|Large||35cm (14”)||Afghan Hounds, Basset Hounds*, Briard, English Setter*, Gordon Setter*, Irish Setter, Irish Water Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel, English Springer Spaniel, Standard Poodle|
|Xtra Large||40cm (16”)||Basset Hounds*, Bracco Italiano, English Setter*, Golden Retriever, Gordon Setter*, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Saint Bernard|
- Breed size examples above are from previous orders and should be used for guidance only, please measure your dog
- Snood sizes are approx and refer to the un-stretched elastic.
- * more than one size has been ordered for this breed
Where to measure your dog?
Size is based on head circumference taken just front of the ears. The dog snood fits over the head and neck. The head elastic sits just in front of the dogs ears, at the back of the skull and the neck end should sit about ¾ down the neck or about where a standard flat collar would – depending on the snood type and dog breed. Make sure it’s not too tight. It should fit snugly without causing any pressure on your dog's head or neck. Never use a snood that is to small, as being too tight will cause discomfort to your dog.
Wearing A Snood
While most show dog's start wearing snoods from a young age pet dogs often need a little encouragement to keep it on the first few times.
Simply scrunch the snood up in your hands and place over your dog’s head, tucking the ears in. The head elastic sits just in front of the ears, at the back of the skull and the neck elastic should sit about where a standard flat collar would go. Make sure it’s not too tight. It should fit snugly without causing any pressure on your dog's head or neck.
Or if they need a little more encouragement to keep the snood on , the easiest way to get your dog used to wearing a snood is to offer positive reward. Dogs are smart, it won't take long to work out they get rewards for doing nothing. With a treat in your hand, put the snood on your arm, as your dog takes the treat move the snood onto his head and reward again or place his dinner in front of him. It won’t take long before you can slip the snood on right before meals without any fuss as they associate the snood with dinner time. And of course no more food stuck in his ears, means less grooming for you.
All sNoodZ Brand Dog Snoods
- Reinforced elastic finish at the head and neck. The elastic is sewn in similar to a waistband and is unseen, the advantage is that the elastic will not twist or break. This is a permanent method and sNoodZ are not adjustable, check the size guide under 'specifications' before ordering.
- Added comfort. The neck elastic is a softer grade with 2-3 cm more elasticity than the head.
sNoodZ Type Guide
Predominantly based on the fabric type and the name gives you an indication of its designed purpose to get the best use of your snood.
Show Snoods - lightweight fabric e.g. satin, chiffon, georgette, crepe, rayon, silks and blends
Everyday Snoods - medium weight fabrics with more durability. Harder wearing snood fabrics e.g. cotton, poly cottons,
Many of our snoods could be for either purpose and also include specialty and seasonal fabrics e.g Waterproof Nylon, Mesh Snoods