Designed especially for dogs that don't like wearing normal snoods and mum's with litters of puppies garbing at their ears!
The unique SNoodZ Tube Snood is finally ready for market prototype testing, and we're offering it at a 2 for the price of 1 deal and would appreciate your feedback.
- Designed specifically for dam's with litter of puppies or dogs who are irritated by normal snoods.
- Its elasticated at one end only, and made from stretchy microfiber polyester to create a contouring fit.
- The additional length at approx 43cm provides protection for the neck and ears without fabric volume, which reduces the chances of self removal or the snood simply not staying in place and becoming ineffective.
- The other reason for the design is open ended i.e. elastic only at the head, so that any baby puppies that might get under the snood can also escape, something I worried about when using standard snoods.
- Made of light weight seamless microfiber polyester it's form fitting
- Bright colourful styles that should camouflage any marks
Tube snoods have a reinforced elastic finish at the head only, The elastic is sewn in similar to a waist band and is unseen, the advantage is that the elastic will not twist or break, but this is a permanent method and sNoodZ are not adjustable, check the size guide under 'specifications' before ordering.
The current release version is the result of 10months of research and design, testing and refinement . We're pretty happy with the result and now we're already for your input, so if you have any feedback please let us know..
|Size||Measurement||Dog Breed (please measure your dog)|
|Xtra Small||20cm (8”)||Toy breeds, Maltese, Miniature Dachshund, Lhasa Apso, Toy
Poodle, Yorkshire Terrier|
|Small||25cm (10”)||Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Mini Poodles, Miniature Schnauzer, Pekingese, Shih Tzu|
|Medium||30cm (12”)||American Cocker, Beagle, Bichon Frise, English Cocker Spaniel, Gordon Setter (puppy)*|
|Large||35cm (14”)||Afghan Hounds, Basset Hounds*, Briard, English Setter*, Gordon Setter*, Irish Setter, Irish Water Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel, English Springer Spaniel, Standard Poodle|
|Xtra Large||40cm (16”)||Basset Hounds*, Bracco Italiano, English Setter*, Golden Retriever, Gordon Setter*, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Saint Bernard|
- Breed size examples above are from previous orders and should be used for guidance only, please measure your dog
- Snood sizes are approx and refer to the un-stretched elastic.
- * more than one size has been ordered for this breed
Where to measure your dog?
Size is based on head circumference taken just front of the ears. The dog snood fits over the head and neck. The head elastic sits just in front of the dogs ears, at the back of the skull and the neck end should sit about ¾ down the neck or about where a standard flat collar would – depending on the snood type and dog breed. Make sure it’s not too tight. It should fit snugly without causing any pressure on your dog's head or neck. Never use a snood that is to small, as being too tight will cause discomfort to your dog.
Wearing A Snood
While most show dog's start wearing snoods from a young age pet dogs often need a little encouragement to keep it on the first few times.
Simply scrunch the snood up in your hands and place over your dog’s head, tucking the ears in. The head elastic sits just in front of the ears, at the back of the skull and the neck elastic should sit about where a standard flat collar would go. Make sure it’s not too tight. It should fit snugly without causing any pressure on your dog's head or neck.
Or if they need a little more encouragement to keep the snood on , the easiest way to get your dog used to wearing a snood is to offer positive reward. Dogs are smart, it won't take long to work out they get rewards for doing nothing. With a treat in your hand, put the snood on your arm, as your dog takes the treat move the snood onto his head and reward again or place his dinner in front of him. It won’t take long before you can slip the snood on right before meals without any fuss as they associate the snood with dinner time. And of course no more food stuck in his ears, means less grooming for you.
All sNoodZ Brand Dog Snoods
- Reinforced elastic finish at the head and neck. The elastic is sewn in similar to a waistband and is unseen, the advantage is that the elastic will not twist or break. This is a permanent method and sNoodZ are not adjustable, check the size guide under 'specifications' before ordering.
- Added comfort. The neck elastic is a softer grade with 2-3 cm more elasticity than the head.
sNoodZ Type Guide
Predominantly based on the fabric type and the name gives you an indication of its designed purpose to get the best use of your snood.
Show Snoods - lightweight fabric e.g. satin, chiffon, georgette, crepe, rayon, silks and blends
Everyday Snoods - medium weight fabrics with more durability. Harder wearing snood fabrics e.g. cotton, poly cottons,
Many of our snoods could be for either purpose and also include specialty and seasonal fabrics e.g Waterproof Nylon, Mesh Snoods